Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I Am Not Ashamed

I am not ashamed, because it is not my shame to carry. They don't seem to think it's theirs, either, but I'm taking pictures today. Lots of them! Then some day, when things are on the line, I'm going to pull out this lovely sort of box and say to everyone there, "I'd like to share something with you about these boys!" And then I'll show everyone and my boys, they'll be appalled, I know it. Because deep down, they're very good boys. Good hearts and all that. They're just a little gross right now, and foolish hope allows me to hang on believing that some day this will all change.

In the meantime, I want you to know that I'm very, very sorry if you happen to step in a puddle in my bathroom. Because I just can't make any promises.

For now, meet my very best friend. I need her, and she makes my life infinitely better a hundred times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment